EOS R5 C Full-frame, 8K Cinema EOS System Camera
Compact and lightweight, the EOS R5 C is a true hybrid camera, boasting many of the video formats and features from the Cinema EOS lineup as well as many of the still-imaging capabilities of the EOS R5 camera in a beautifully designed body.
The EOS R5 C is a complete package that offers filmmakers, multimedia journalists, and advanced amateurs a cost-effective 8K, 4K, and FHD video camera to help unlock their creative potential.
Up to 4K 120P Slow and Fast Motion Recording Mode in 4:2:2 10-bit
The EOS R5 C camera can record High Frame Rate (HFR) movies at up to 120P at 4K resolution (4096×2160/3840×2160) in 4:2:2 10-bit without cropping the sensor.
Amazing for shooting scenes full of fast-paced action, the EOS R5 C camera’s fast and intuitive autofocus remains enabled even during HFR recording, making it ideal when shooting from a gimbal or drone, delivering outstanding focus accuracy at HFR or at common frame rates.
Shares Common Features & Technology with the EOS R5 Camera
Canon’s 45 Megapixel full-frame, CMOS imaging sensor is at the heart of the EOS R5 C camera’s superb image quality, which also leads the way for impressive 8K/60P RAW cinematic video shooting.
Focus and speed are paramount in the EOS R5 C camera, providing impressive still-image continuous capture at speeds of up to 20 frames per second, and with Dual Pixel CMOS AF II capability, to track split second movements of even the most elusive subjects. With 1,053 Automatic AF zones, it is easy to photograph people with the use of Eye, Face and Head Detection AF, or intuitively track the whole body, face or eye of cats, dogs, or birds with Animal Detection AF. For those with the need for speed, Canon has also included still-image vehicle subject detection to assist with accurate tracking of cars and motorcycles. Connectivity like 5GHz and 2.4GHz Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth®, is also included for the transfer of still imagesi.
Video control for the dedicated video professional
As soon as the EOS R5 C’s main switch is moved to the “video” position, the familiar Cinema EOS menu system and interface take over. Expected high-level video features such as waveform monitors, video codec options, and extensive audio control become available — greatly expanding the EOS R5 C’s video potential for the experienced camera operator or video content creator. During “photo” operation, menus are nearly the same as on the EOS R5 camera.
Supports 8K/60P Internal RAW Recording
The 8K sensor and DIGIC X processor produce high-quality video at up to 8K/60P. Use of the Cinema RAW Light format with its high-efficiency mode enables internal card recording without an external recorder.
Simultaneous Audio Recording Enabled with HFR
Unlike some other cameras where audio is not recorded during HFR shooting, the EOS R5 C camera can record .WAV audio as a separate file from video, virtually eliminating the need for separate audio recording and delivering HFR video and audio files in one convenient device when shooting slow motion or fast motion video.
Canon Log 3 Expands Expressive Possibilities
The EOS R5 C camera features Canon Log 3, which is found in many Canon cameras and works with multiple Canon EOS and Cinema EOS cameras. The wide dynamic range can be used for a wider range of grading after shooting. Canon Log 3 is a gamma that is designed for simple grading, such as tightening dark areas and adjusting tones. It carries on Canon Log’s ease of use with less noticeable noise. It can also be used when shooting with other Cinema EOS system cameras such as the EOS C300 Mark III and EOS C70 cameras.
Enhanced Image Stabilizationiii
Enhanced image stabilization is achieved through coordinated control when Canon’s RF lenses with optical IS are combined with the EOS R5 C camera’s electronic IS when shooting XF-AVC or MP4 formats. With an RF lens that has optical IS and the electronic IS in the EOS R5 C camera, coordinated control helps achieve the optimum hand-shake correction effects. This helps achieve better anti-vibration performance than with conventional IS-equipped EF lenses (using optional Mount Adapter EF-EOS R) and electronic IS together.
Canon VR with RF5.2mm F2.8 L Dual Fisheye Lens Support and Workflow
The EOS R5 C camera is an excellent camera pairing with Canon’s RF5.2mm F2.8 L Dual Fisheye Lens to achieve stereoscopic 3D 180° VR video (viewing in 3D requires the use of a compatible Head Mount Display). A plug-in for Adobe® Premiere Pro® and Canon’s EOS VR Utility are available to streamline the workflow from shooting to editing.
Dual Pixel CMOS AF with iTR AF X
Canon’s Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology uses every pixel on the imaging sensor to detect focus, and also to capture actual image information achieving both high precision focusing and high image quality.
With most Canon RF and EF lenses, AF for video can be carried out over approximately 80% of the vertical and horizontal area of the screen. Touch AF allows positioning an AF point by simply touching the LCD screen, in addition to quick manual positioning with the 8-way Multi-controller on the rear of the camera.
In addition, the camera features Eye AF/Head Detection AF, developed with the use of deep learning technology to improve subject tracking. It also provides human detection (eyes/face/head), allowing it to track subjects accurately even when AF control is not available.
Users can track focusing as desired depending on their subject or shooting situation. A wide variety of AF modes enable autofocus shooting that flexibly responds to the subject’s movement. Users can leave focusing to the camera and concentrate on their camera work.
Still Imaging Features
High Still-Image Quality Featuring a 45 Megapixel Full-frame CMOS Sensor and DIGIC X Processor.
- Still-imaging features and operation are nearly identical to Canon’s EOS R5 cameraiii. The EOS R5 C camera features the same Canon-developed CMOS sensor with approx. 45 effective megapixels, and a DIGIC X Image Processor to enhance the speed of operations across the board. This means fast, efficient performance and phenomenal image quality for big prints, impressive video and more.
DIGIC X Image Processor with an ISO range of 100-51200; Expandable to 102400iv.
- Delivering high standard and expanded ISOs (for still images), and a broad range of options to help enhance shooting in varied and fast-changing lighting situations, the EOS R5 C camera can shoot at expanded sensitivities down to ISO 50 (L) and up to 102400 (H)
High-Speed Continuous Shooting of up to 12 fps with Mechanical Shutter and up to 20 fps Electronic (Silent) Shutter.
- High-speed continuous shooting with full AF subject detection and tracking, at all still-image quality settings. A high-precision Dual Pixel CMOS AF system allows the EOS R5 C camera to reliably capture approx. 100% of the still-image area, with most Canon lenses.
The Same Subject Detection and Tracking AF as the Canon EOS R5 Camera, Even at Shooting Speeds as Fast as 20 fps.
- Head and Eye Detection
- Select “People” as the EOS R5 C’s “subjects to detect,” and like the EOS R5, it can focus on a detected person’s eyes, face, head (if a face is obscured), or even entire body if a head cannot be detected
- Animal Detectionv
- For still images, the same revolutionary Animal Detection AF as the EOS R5 can identify and focus upon eyes, faces or bodies of birds, cats and dogs — and can do so over virtually the entire image area, with many Canon lenses. This opens up game-changing possibilities for wildlife images, even with subjects as challenging as birds in flight.
- Vehicle Detection
- Carried-over from the high-performance Canon EOS R3 camera, the EOS R5 C adds Vehicle Detection AF as a subject detection option, during still-image shooting. Cars and motorcycles, especially in racing applications, can be identified and tracked, even at high speeds. User-selectable Spot Detection lets the R5 C’s AF detect the helmets of an exposed rider or driver, and put focus upon them, instead of the leading edge of the vehicle.
AF Area Flexibility
- Select the size of the active AF area — from a precise single AF point to the entire available AF area — and rapidly move a user-selected area via the 8-way Multi-controller on the back of the camera. The EOS R5 C has the same range of choices for still-image AF method selection as the EOS R5 camera.
- AF Area Coverage of Approx. 100% x 100% for Still Images
- The EOS R5 C camera features an expansive focus area of approx. 100% horizontal and 100% verticalvi when working with select RF and EF lenses, during still-image shooting. With older EF lenses, or with EF Extender types I and II, the EOS R5 C focuses on approx. 80% horizontally and 80% vertically of the image. This means fast and impressive focusing even when composing your subject far from the center of the frame.
- EV -6vii Low-light Autofocus
- Amazing for nighttime photography or in very low light settings, the EOS R5 C camera’s brilliant AF can operate for still images in light as dim as a light rating of EV -6 where other AF systems may fail or search.
- Still-image AF is possible with lens + Canon RF tele extender combinations having maximum effective apertures as slow as f/22 — meaning AF is still possible with the RF800mm F11 IS STM + RF2x extender.